Monday, February 19, 2007

Driving along in my automobile...

I would not appreciate it much if foreigners were driving around my city bumping into my car. Yes, it appears that our military has a hummer-driving policy designed to keep our troops from being "sitting ducks." They accomplish this by never stopping, and that involves them bumping into cars and driving like complete idiots. I am not posting this to say I am "for" or "against" the war, but this video caught my attention and I wanted others to see it too.

(watch out for the foul american language in the very last seconds of this clip)

According to rocketboom, the hummers our troops are driving do not provide adequate protection from ambush like other upgraded hummers. This weakness has caused hundreds of US deaths since the start of the war. The response: a driving policy that would make any body's blood boil.

2 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

yes... hummer's military vehicles are awful. i'm not just saying that because i worked at Navistar for a few years either... ok maybe i am -- i probably wouldn't have known that otherwise. :) from what i remember, hummers aren't armored on the bottom which causes a lot of deaths... International's millitary vehicles are pretty awesome -- the site doesn't do them justice (much better in person!), but they are more expensive... I guess all the dead saved the government some money?? You can check them out at the link below... for some reason i can't get the whole link to show up in a post... but just click military business in the left hand column from this page...

http://www.internationaldelivers.com/