Sunday, October 19, 2008

how does it taste now?

if you have ever met my grandpa Ray you can probably imagine the innocent smile on his face during this quick exchange.
In September we were enjoying the fruits of the fall harvest that my parents neighbors had genorously given to us. Now these neighbors, Patrick and Michael, who are the nicest neighbors you'll ever want to meet, but they are not brothers or roomates ( if you know what I mean).
Now my grandparents were over and we were eating the most beautiful red ripe tomatoes you can imagine; these hems were just bursting with flavor. Half way through one my grandpa commented on how delicious they were. I responded that they were from the gaye neighbors...without missing a beat he said, "hmmm, now I'll have to take another bite and see if it tastes different."

No comments: