Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nobody's home

Samuel locked the door to the bathroom yesterday before he sat down on the potty. When he was finished doing his dooty he called to us in normal fashion: "I'M DONE!" When I found the door locked I jokingly knocked and called to him, he called back: "NOBODY"S HOME."
Well at this point I started looking for one of those pin-like keys that you stick in the indoor locks to open them up because I knew Sam was not going to hop off the toilet and unlock the door for me. It had become a game of I'm smarter than daddy; which is funny because he probably would have sat there waiting to be wiped for hours and that's not too smart. I couldn't find a key so I pulled out a credit card and used that to pop the latch. As I opened the door he had a surprised look as if I was spoiling all the fun. I guess even waiting on the potty is fun for a 3 year old if your dad if it is predicated in tricking your dad.

No comments: