Tuesday, March 31, 2009

All you Saints we don't know

Part of our nighttime prayers involves singing a litany of the saints. Now Maria is the most musically inclined when it comes to singing, so she has pretty much internalized the pattern of saints we go through each night... many are the ones the kids got their middle names from: Thomas More, Faustina, Tarcisius, and also Anna and my confirmation saints. Typically after we get through these standard ones we open the floor to any other saints the kids want to add in. After these I’ll close it all down with Roger Holtz’s tune of “all you holy men and women pray for us.” Well this evening, Maria took the initiative and closed it down singing confidently: “All you saints we do know pray for us. All you saints we don’t know pray for us.”

1 comment:

the observer said...

This is too funny! Maria is such a hoot :) Regarding the camera question, I just bought a Nikon D80 to aid my business efforts (and personal ones as well, shhh!), so I'm trying to figure how to use it to its best advantage. It's hard going from a point and shoot to one with lenses and all the details I don't even know yet!

Happy Easter to you all!