Saturday, May 27, 2006

Happy 2nd Birthday Maria

Our little girl turned two years old today. She is such a girl, and so much fun too. Let me explain: I always thought playing with dolls was dumb. When she was first born I resisted purchasing dolls and other girl type toys because I actually thought that nobody could actually enjoy playing with those things. My wife, Anna, showing her superior wisdom 6 months ago, purchased a neat Graco Baby set with doll size heightchair, and playpen, keeping them hidden until today. Initially I scoffed, but over the last six months Maria has showed me how wrong I could be. She is truly filled with joy when playing with her dolls, she brings them everywhere and cares for them gently. If they are missing she shows real concern until they are found. Watching my little girl become such a little nurturer makes me happy.
So this morning when we were setting up her presents I was really excited to see her playing with them. Just as Anna expected, she really likes them.

1 comment:

manababies said...

Isn't it funny how girls gravitate towards one thing while boys gravitate towards another? Although my son loves to copy his big sister and thinks nothing of running around the house holding a Barbie doll. Oops, better not tell my hubby that one. :)