Sunday, May 21, 2006

Visiting our Land

It was a sunny Sunday so we planned a visit to our land after chuch today. The sky was blue, and the sun was bright, but the 50 degree wind "cancelled out" the sun as Anna pointed out. Anna's Mom and Dad, and her little sister Regina come with us on their first visit to the property.
Dad B and Regina had tons of fun exploring and Mom B seemed to enjoy milling along the paths with Anna. Joshua was in dandilion heaven as he collected a huge fistful of the yellow flowering weeds. Maria spend most of the time in the carrier on my back reminding me of my boyscout backpacking trips.
We saw the large bald eagles again; one soaring high in the wind and the other moving about in the nest. I also saw a cute little hummingbird that flitted around us and then sat on a nearby treebranch just long enough for me to identify him.
The visit just reminded Anna and me how much we really look forward to moving out to this peaceful plot of land that God has blessed us with.

No comments: