Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Merry Christmas! Glory to God in the Highest & Peace to His people on Earth!

My dear friends & family I wish to share the goodness of God with you! His blessings on our family have been so numerous this year! His greatest gift to us was the life & death of our dear son, Anthony Francis! Anthony, together with his brother David Mary have opened the flood gates of God’s goodness upon our family! When God took this second son of mine He literally stole my heart. Nothing matters to me in this world anymore. If God asked me for my house I would give it willingly for it is nothing in comparison to giving Him my son. Anthony’s death is a great blessing that flowed from the merciful heart of God. When I reflect on the moment of his death to this life my heart is pierced with the pain of anguish but at the same time it is immersed in joy & thanksgiving. How can this be? It is so because God is infinitely good! Through Jesus Christ He has turned our suffering to joy! In fact, suffering is a great gift in which we image Christ & draw God to ourself. What a paradox of faith that even suffering is joy!

If we reflect on the Christ child we understand that He was born into this world to die. The shadow of the cross is present even at His birth. For all of us we are born into this world to live. But our life is not in this world, it is in the next with God. At the moment of Anthony’s death he became the envy of us all because he entered the heavenly city & saw God face to face! For all eternity he will behold the face of God & give him ceaseless praise! Oh, may God grant this great gift to all my children!

And yet there is more to God’s goodness! We do not only experience & know His goodness when we die but it begins here on this earth. God desires to fill us even now with a lasting joy & peace. For a year now God has asked me bring the children to daily mass. Since the death of Anthony Francis I long to go because it is there where heaven touches earth & I can be with my sons who reside in the heart of my Eucharist Lord! Oh how I pray that you may all understand this great mystery! What joy is found in the presence of Christ! All things fade away but He remains eternal.

I never cease to be amazed at how God desires to pervade our whole lives even to the smallest detail. He desires an intimacy with us that is incomprehensible. So many times a prayer is barely even a thought before God answers me in abundance. It is as if He is aware of even the smallest flutter of my heart & He desires for me to know Him in the same way. God is so in love us that He took on our human nature to show to us how intimate He desires to be with us. Over & over in the scriptures He portrays himself as a bridegroom & we are the bride! What unfathomable love! I pray that you may all come to adore & love the Christ child this Christmas!

No comments: