Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Home again, Home again, Jigity Jig

Precisely two hours after my last blog post late Sunday night. I felt a rumbly in my tumbly, and spent the rest of the night getting to know the toilet better. I don't know for sure but I must have lost 10 pounds in  four hours. I don't mean to be too graphic or anything, but I think I set a new record for tossing cookies the most times in four hours: 13. 

Anna was the best, she made me a bed on the hotel bathroom floor with the extra pillows we had and I did not get up from this cozy spot until late the next morning. 
(sorry no pictures, you'll have to use your imagination).



Luckily, it was only food poisoning from the Bean Burrito I ate at taco bell, so nobody else shared my agony. After a day in bed, Tuesday morning rolled around and I felt much better. But the Ripley's Believe It or Not Aquarium had not been checked off Joshua's "Road Trip To-Do List" so even though there was a 10 hour drive ahead of us we went for it.



Boy was it fun: huge Sharks, giant Jelly Fish, jumbo Sting Rays, a big Sea Turtle and a little tiny sea shell filled with deadly poison (not kidding). Best of all everything was designed for maximum kid enjoyment.
















We pulled in the drive way at 12:30am early Wednesday morning, just 31 minutes later than planned. The extra 31  minutes may have been the Italian dinner at Buca di Beppo we enjoyed in Cincinnati. 


You know what? the it seems we have had some great chefs on our trip. The chef at Buca brought us out a free Calamari (out of the blue) so all the kids got to eat baby squids. Thanks to God for that nice touch: after looking at more sea creatures than you can shake a squid at we get to eat some too.

No comments: