Friday, January 05, 2007

The Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick

Maria is going to get anointed tonight after mass. The "Anointing of the Sick" is one of the catholic church's seven sacraments. Now she'll have two including baptism.

My baby girl is going to have surgery. My baby girl is going to wake up after having her tonsils and admoids removed and look into my eyes and wonder, "why does my throat hurt so bad Daddy?" She is going to want me to make her all better. I'm going to spend a night in the hospital with her and hopefully be able to hold her while she sleeps: oh God, I pray that she sleeps.

Please pray for my little Maria, she has been having trouble breathing at night for the last 6 months, hopefully this painful discomfort of recovering from surgery on the 19th will giver her a future of peaceful sleep. Pray that the doctor will be blessed, and everything will go smooth.

No comments: