Saturday, April 08, 2006

Bald Eagles Overhead

It has been a week since I first discovered bald eagles on our land. There nest is towards the back of the woods on our property. There were two adults and also 1 or more immature eagles. I called my sister, mom and dad as soon as I got back to my car. My mom and dad are real bird lovers, so it is a great blessing for them in particular, but it is really neat for all of us to have bald eagles on our land.

Anna and the kids drove out to the land today, the eagles took flight soon after we arrived. We stayed at a great distance, they appeared to be curious, but after a little while they ignored us. The river is quite high today after some heavy rain yesterday. It looks like some low areas flooded. I can't wait to see what the forest looks and smells like when spring brings the green back.

My dad is so excited about the eagles...he knows that it is one of God's great blessings and wrote about it on his blog.

1 comment:

manababies said...

I think the eagles are truly a sign that this was meant to be. :) How wonderful that you will all be living so close to one another - and in such beautiful surroundings!