Monday, April 17, 2006

Daddy-Daughter date

Maria went on her first date with her daddy today. First we delivered two boxes to the UPS store; Maria carried the smaller one and I carried the big one (look how small she looks compared to me...and I am not even very big).

After that we went to Wendy's and got french fries (because that is what she wanted). Then we went and watched little airplanes take-off at a nearby airstrip. We stayed there for while, eating fries, watching prop-planes coming and going. She really got a kick out of them. She sat on the hood of the car for a while (see the video) and then she started to get the shivers when the wind picked up, so we just sat in the front seat and talked about the airplanes.
I think she had a great time just being with dad and getting my full attention. I plan to take each of the kids out alone once each month so that we never lose touch with them.

"Wow, fly away!"

No comments: